As a standard feature of any classic ERP,  in Axapta also we have the feature
of your Customer is also your Vendor.  When you link Customer-Vendor or
Vendor-Customer, does it give you net balance when you check vendor or customer
balance on-line?  Did any body try???

James Flavell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Mmm not sure but okay settlement
between customer and vendor described does
not require the setting of the field that was asked about right?

The field being asked on the customer master is used in the AP payment
proposal function (I guess if I am not wrong (please correct me if I am)

Basically when you do AP auto payment journal (payment proposal) you can
tell it to include the AR side in which case the system says vendor X is
also customer A so if customer A owes us 100USD then factor that into what
we pay vendor X (i.e. if we owe vendor X 1000USD then we should only pay
them 900 USD since they owe us 100USD)

I hope that has helped and not confused...
Do let me know if I am correct as this is all from my head from like 3+
years ago (i.e. I never use this field function).

Thanks
James