Hi group,

  I'm trying to improve performance in some part of our application.
I've stumble on a view that end up doing a table scan on SalesLine.  I
thought their must be missing index, that's why the table scan is
required.  It wasn't the case; all the required indexes were there.
I've replicate the view's work in a select with joins to see if it would
end up having the same execution plan.  Here's the test :

    BOAOrderToProduce orderToProd;

    SalesLine salesL;

    InventTable invTab;

    BOAOrderToProduceGrouped Grouped; // the View

    // Query that replicate the view

    WHILE SELECT sum(qty), DimColorTxt from orderToProd

        join salesL group by ItemId, BOAForecastProdDate, ConfirmedDlv
where salesL.InventTransId == orderToProd.InventTransId

        join invTab group by Dimension, ItemGroupId, PackagingGroupId
where invTab.ItemId == salesL.ItemId {

    }

    WHILE SELECT Grouped {

    }

Result : it is not using the same execution plan.  The joined select
uses the right indexes but the view is not and cause bad performance.
On the X++ side I could just replace the code which would look uglier
but would still be faster, but the problem is that I use that view in a
dataSource's form.

Any idea on how to improve performance of that view?

Thanks.

Regards,

Steeve...