-----Original Message-----
From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of venkat
raghavan
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:23 AM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Urgent: Working with lookups in
a form

Hai,

     Regarding the Lookup, if u r using Extended data type then there is
no need to write a lookup(provide u don't need a customized lookup).If u
want to create a lookup form just see the InventLookup form  under the
Forms node in AOT.

     regarding the filtration u can do this using the executeQuery
method(Override) .In that method write query like shown below

  Note:
  set the auto declartion property to yes for the fieldname(form field)

  select Header_table
  where
  Header_table.fieldname == fieldname(form field).valuestr()

  regards,
  Venkat
Satish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi guys,

I've created a form. The form is linked to a Header_Table and a
Detail_Table. Now, i try to let the user select a field(which is the
primary key) from the Header_Table using a lookup in my form.

Based on the value of this primary key, i try to display the contents
of the Header_Table in the form's header section, and the contents of
the DetailTable in a grid.

I'm really stuck on 2 counts...
1) Creating and using lookups in Axapta.
2) Pulling data from SQL based on the value input by the user.

If i create lookups using the foreign key relationship in a table,
then the value selected from the lookup is not stored in the new
table upon closing the form. Also, once selected, the other related
fields dont refresh.

I'm new to Axapta, so my query may seem a bit silly... But, i'm
really stuck with this one :(

I would appreciate a little detailed solution... a bit of sample code
would be wonderful :)

Thanx in anticipation.

Regards,
Satish

        Business finance course   Business to business finance   Small
business finance     Business finance consultant   Business finance
magazine   Business finance schools