Hi,

u can refer these tables docuref,docuvalue ,docutype,docutable.
  we can do it programatically also..first try checking in these tables how records are getting inserted.u can check the file name,type ,in the docuvalue table.And for the particular document the value recid in the docuvale will be reffered in the docuref table.The record id what so ever while attaching a document will be the ref recid in the docuref table.

  The error what ur facing is due to initial setup for the document handling.u have to setup the paramaters and then u have to enable for which table in database u want document handling.

  if ur still facing the same problem..i shall help u how to do it programatically.

  sreenath Reddy

compashi1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi,

   I have a problem in attaching a document to a record in Axapta
3.0. I set Basic à Setup à Document Management à Document Types à
General à Document Location to `Database'. But when I try to attach
a document , it throws an error "The file cannot be saved in the
database as it is currently locked". But the `Attached' status is
checked to true and I am able to open the file again but the
location from which it loads seems to be "C:\Documents
&Settings\...\...".

My question is why is that I am getting this error?
If it is stored in database what's the table I should be looking for?
What other tables need to be modified?
Is there a way to do this programmatically?

Any help or pointer to the above problem is highly appreciated. If
you have any query or explanation please let me know.

Thanks,

ashish singh

        Computer part   Programming languages   Microsoft axapta     Support exchange

Sreenath Reddy G
System Analyst,
Sonata Software Ltd.
1/4, APS Trust Building,