--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Asrar Shaik"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
> Thank you very much for your response.  It appears that there are
some funcies also in this group..

> Thanks,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thomas Jensen
> Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 11:57 AM
> To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: SV: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] FW: Intercompany
Elimination Entries in Axapta Consolidation

> Hi Asrar
>
> I don't know what's best practice in this area, so this is just a
suggestion for a simple solution.

> If you use separate ledger accounts for intercompany entries you
can use a consolidation account in the ledger table to eliminate
automatically when you consolidate.

> As far as I know there's no other functionality in Axapta to do
this.

> Regards
> Thomas

[EMAIL PROTECTED] På vegne af Asrar Shaik
> Sendt: 8. maj 2006 08:20
> Til: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Emne: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] FW: Intercompany Elimination
Entries in Axapta Consolidation

> Hi All,
>
> I am resending this query.  No member of this group has any
information
> about Consolidation/Intercompany elimination entries?????
>
> Please do send some information and best practices.  I really
appreciate
> it.
>

> Thanks,
> Asrar
>

> Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.
> Visit www.frappr.com/axapta for axapta friends.
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.
> Visit www.frappr.com/axapta for axapta friends.
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Hi Asrar,

Our company has various levels of consolidations, quite complex, so
using a common consolidation account to zero out the balances
doesn't work for us.  This is a great simple solution, if we only
had one consolidation.

So, best practice, from an accounting viewpoint, is to be able
to "trace" your elimination entries.  What we've done, is to set up
a company called "elimination" company (for each of our
consolidations).  In this company(ies), we make our elimination
entries manually.  I.e. clearing interco accounts (balance sheet &
revenue/exp), and investment/capital accts, etc.

This company(ies) is then picked up as part of the consolidation
process.

Hope this helps,
NC