Hi, I need help in understanding why the following appears in Master
planning.

The scenario is as follows,

A sales order with a delivery date of 12/12/2006 for a quantity of
73 is captured.

When running the Master Scheduling job, we make use of a 2 plan
scheduling (Master plan static and Master plan dynamic) it creates a
requirement of a planned order of 73 which is correct.

We then go create a Purchase order with a delivery date of
20/02/2007 for the demand (quantity of 73).

We thereafter run the two plans again MRS and then MRD and the
requirement (planned PO) does not fall away even though a PO has
been created for the demand.

What is the cause of this? How can we fix it? Is master planning
dependent on dates and not on what is provided?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Anisha