Hi everyone,

I think this is probably a fairly common request so hoping someone might be
able to help:

If I want the bad quantity of production order to be in inventory, how is
the best way to do it?

Example:

Production good qty 90, bad 10

Result wanted is 90 in warehouse A and 10 in warehouse B

Cost wise will be as if the production order was 100 good (i.e. cost of good
and bad items are the same)

Any code examples or hints where to look would be great thanks :-)

A few areas I am interested in and flexible about at this stage:

1) If bad qty is using same item is there simple way to change the warehouse
in the production postings? Or is it best to add code at the end of the
posting to do a transfer journal from A to B for the bad qty?

2) If the bad qty needs to be a different item (I guess this can be
considered like a by-product) is this easy to do?

Thanks once again to everyone

James