Ah yes, twas very simple. I just needed to set the reference id in initValue()
of the secondary table.

Marco & Donna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          I have a situation where I
have a form with two tables. One table is the main table and the other
(secondary) just holds extra info. They are linked in the form and both have
fields viewable in the same form. The problem I face is that the both tables
can be edited directly on the form. However, in order to maintain a relation, I
want to fill in a reference id in the secondary table to the line id that
exists in the primary table. In essence, both tables will seem like one table
to the front end user but in the background, what is actually happening is that
two tables are being updated simultaneously.

Thanks for any help in advance.