Can anyone help me to be clear on what can be reserved using Axapta's auto
reservation

I have setup buffer and pick locations but it seems when I do reservation in
the shipments screen it does reservation from both buffer and picking
locations.  And in fact it is reserving from buffer when there is stock
available in picking!

I only want to reserve from picking and if there is no stock in picking then
to go to buffer and reserve (or alternative is for a refill order to be
created etc).

I am not sure will Zones or Storage areas help me to control this or is
there some other setup I should do or have missed?

Thank you

James