Mike,

AIF and EP are like night and day. AIF allows you to use web services and
generate XML's to pass data between AX and other applications. The selling
point is that the records are inserted into AX using AX business logic;
meaning they are not inserted directly into DB with no validation.

Some issues with AIF. First of all the business connector in AX is not
compatible with a 64-bit OS. Big Problem. You can run the process as 32 bit
on 64 bit OS, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having 64 bit OS.

Second AIF currently only allows you to insert a record. You can not update
or delete a record using without some serious coding effort.

Third AIF does not work out of the box. It involves a lot of coding,
debugging, debugging!! Then some more debugging! I worked with a customer
who tried getting AIF to work with two MBS partners, and MBS and after 4
months they pulled the plug on AIF.

Let's be clear I am not bashing AIF; it has serious potential, but I think
it is still early in its development cycle. Maybe by next release the bugs
will be worked out and it will be a nice solution.

If you are looking for a product that is similar to AIF, but allows more
flexibility for inserting, updating, and deleting records send me an email.
We have a solution via one of our partners out of DK.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers!

  _____