Anisha,

 This must be done via SQL Statement. The dataareaid can not be changed
from within Dynamics AX. Be careful though, because what you will have
to do is make sure you don't try to have duplicate data in the same
company.

For example if you have:

CustomerA, CustName, DA1

CustomerA, Cust Name, DA2

CustomerA, C U S T Name, DA3

And now you want all of these shared with a virtual company of vc1. Then
you need to decided out of these 3 records which one is the correct one
and share it only. Remove the others. So there is some data clean up as
part of this if duplicate data exists.

-Brandon