Thanks, that makes sense when I stop to think about it

-----Original Message-----
From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kristanto
Surjadi
Sent: 12 June 2007 23:03
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Encryption used by Ax3.0?

Hi james,

Ax3.0 use the Dictionary.buildPassword to encrypt the user password.
However the class has no decrytion method :D ..... if you're planning
to use it to encrypt your customer credit card number the problem
you'll face is once you encrpyt the numbers you can't decrypt them to
their original value....

Regards,

Kris

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "James Flavell"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for that it is part of just what I need :)
>
> The other part I am just wondering is there some standard level
this encrypt
> function can be labeled as?  I guess the more complex and long the
key the
> better the encryption?
>
> I am no encryption expert but they have various encryption
methods/standards
> out there and I need to put Axapta's one into some perspective for
the
> customer to feel comfortable they have meet their external audit
> requirement.  Does anyone know how many bits encryption it does? Or
is that
> just up to me by making the key longer?
>
> Thanks
> James