Hi,
My best guess would be that once you create a new menu item under any of the
three groups, by default the object type is "Form" hence it creates it under
Display and then even if you rename it and change the object type property
it still persists in Display type menu items. Remember that these three
types are only logical divisions and you can actually create any type of
menu item under any of the three groups but for better readability and
maintainability we normally follow the procedure of dividing the three types
in three different groups.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards,
Sumit