I have a related question to the pack/unpack in relation to queryrun.

Is possible to take a save state of a queryrun that is packed and
then modify it?

I have a scenario where I am storing queryrun settings and in some
cases I'd like to add to these stored queries. All in X++.

Cheers,

Carsten

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Kehlet"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1a.  Table id is a unique identifier that stems back from the days
of
> XAL (another Damgaard/MBS product).  XAL (and actually also Axapta)
> started out on an ISAM database, and a way of keeping track of the
> tables were through table ids.  Since then, it has been used as a
way of
> keeping the tables consistent between the Axapta AOT and the
backend DB.

> 1b.  Object id is an internal reference in Axapta to reference the
> objects in the application.  Axapta's application database (.AOD
files)
> are actually ISAM structures, which is why you sometimes will see
the
> application referred to as a version database.
>
> 1c.  Rec id is a reference that each record in the database gets.
It is
> unique in each company, and although Axapta does not utilize primary
> keys, the DataAreaId + RecID fields can actually be considered
> primary/unique in each database.
>
> 2.  The kernel generates the RecIds.  The next value is stored in
the
> SystemSequences table.
>
> 3.  GUI objects only live on the Client, i.e. Forms.
>
> 4.  Yes it does.
>
> 5.  When you have relations that should be specific to that table.
For
> example, you may want a relation from SalesId on a table to link to
the
> SalesTableDelete (voided sales orders), where the standard SalesId
links
> to SalesTable.  You would then not redefine the link on the EDT, but
> rather add a link on the table you're working with.  Another
possible
> scenario is where a relation is dependent on data in a record, in
which
> case you can not precisely define it on the EDT, but will have to
use
> the table relations.
>
> 6.  Export data or definition?  For data, the easiest way is to use
the
> table browser (right-click, Add-ins, Table browser), select all the
> records and do a copy/paste.
>
> 7.  Yes, languages can be selected at runtime, either by the Axapta
> Configuration Utility, or via the -LANGUAGE command line switch.
>
> 8.  A lot of things, but you are on the right track.  Security and
> Config determines the baseline, after which you can control
additional
> visibility through code & properties.
>
> 9.  A SQL statement written in code is always faster, but you loose
> flexibility.  Unless you are in a really time-critical environment
> processings huge amounts of data, the difference is usually not
> noticable.
>
> 10.  pack()/unpack() are used in many ways.  One example is on the
> QueryRun object, where pack() will return a container with settings
> (ranges, sort etc.) that you can use to instantiate a query with
later,
> thus bringing back the state.  In other situations, pack()/unpack()
can