Hi GR,
1)We created a new field in the AssetBook table
called "InitialAcquisitionDate - this is the one we use to retain
what the original acq date is - system does not use it for
anything.

The one I referred to as "last acquisition date" is really
the "acquisitiondate" field.  This one is populated by the system,
each time an acquisition proposal journal is posted...So, by
populating this field with the 12/31/06 date, in our implementation,
it dated all acquisition journals as 12/31/06 - this is how we
posted our original acquisition costs.  Since acquisitions were
posted in the same period, we didn't have to go back to previous
periods.

Since we uploaded accumulated deprecation balances, all in Dec06, we
didn't have to go back prior periods to record each month's
depreciation - that why we populated the "last depreciation run date
with 12/31/06" - this way, the next journals generated for
depreciation would be dated 01/31/2007.

2)  We didn't use dummy COA, instead we have a clearing account we
used for other items.  We kept the Conversion profile in the system,
since it's not being used for anything, it's just sort-of parked
there.

3)  With the new field, initial acquisition date, there would be no
confusion since the dates will truly reflect the date the asset was
acquired. This date never changes unless the user changes it.  Users
understand that the acquisition date (we renamed this to "last
acquistion date") reflects the date of when any acquisition activity
has been posted.

On the service life, there are the two fields, on that holds what
the original life time & then what's remaining.  So, on the older
assets, the life time remaining would be reduced by the number of
months the asset has already been depreciated by.

Hope this helps,

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, G Radhakrishnan

> Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's
updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.