Hi,

The basic idea is that companies normally have seperate ledger accounts for
different heads like sales, purchases, expenses, sales returns, purchase
returns etc. so you can create a setup where they can define different
accounts that come under different heads and sum the balances in these
accounts for the period specified and try doing it.
Its just one of the crude ideas which am listing down..

One more thing is i guess we can get the cash report probably from financial
statement report also.

For this i guess we need to setup financial statement rows and then
compositions (defining different accounts for different rows). This may
probably give the statement in these accounts...

Hope this helps.

If you get any more ideas you can probably share it with us.

Regards,
Sumit