Hi Madhu,

Uploading the opening stock using manual activity is really a tedious job, but
yes we can do a partial time saving for the creation of journal (Invent
journal) and journal lines (Invent journal trans).

At the time of creation of record in journal lines (Inventory journal Trans),
system automatically search for inventdim and if not found, then create a new
record in InventDim, else allocate the available one on the InventJournalTrans.
After the creation of new record in InventDim, same numbr is allcoated to
respective transaction based on Dimension combination.

Different inventJournalTrans lines can have same inventDim id.

So in addition to above two tables, you have to import another third table
"InventDim".

Now the question arises, how to pick / define the correct InventDim in the
import file in Table InventJournalTrans, as this table does not have Dimensions
(config, color, size, warehouse, location etc...)

Because system allocates, this on the basis of unique combination of dimension,
so in excel using concatenate formula, create a new column and put formula in
that to get value. Now there must be unique values in this field (refer above
bold sentence).

Filter out the duplicates, and now you should have single record of each type.
Take the current data of InventDim table to Excel by copy paste. Do same
concatenate column in this worksheet also in excel.

now using the Vlookup formula of Excel, check in earlier inventdim, what is the
inventdim of those records. you will find some records / rows in excel where
you will not get any inventdim.

Take those records in new worksheet for import in inventdim. When you import
these records, system will create the inventdim id for those records. Put these
new alocated number along with the previous that you find in the
InventJournalTrans. Now you can import InventJournal and InventJournalTran
Tables.

After importing them, ensure that all lines will be having inventdim id and
cross validate for the dimensions (config, color, size, warehouse, location
etc...) in them for 5 - 10 records.  If found satisfactory, then you just have
to click the Post button.
System will post the same in inventTrans and inventsum, to update the inventory.

We should not have to import the records in InventTrans / InventSum, because
these tables are the heart of Dynamics Ax, which may later on result in
malfunctioning of the system.

This whole lenghty explaination appears to be difficult / complicated, but once
you do it, you will find it as the easiest and quicker exercise.

In case you need any further assitance, do write to me.

Regards,
Ashwani Jain