Hi Steeve,

  I am not a C# developer. But I am not sure if you have used as i used to do
in C++

  if(MyCom)
   {
  myCom.Close();
  myCom = NULL;
  }

  the bove code should decrement the pointer to the object's handle.

  good luck,
  Subbu

Steeve Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Hi guys,

I would like to know how to release a COM (as in Component Object
Model) correctly.

I've created a .NET COM dll with VS2005 that I use in Ax3.0 SP3. When
I use the COM in Axapta, it doesn't release reference to the COM until
I close Axapta. So when I make modification to my dll and rebuild it,
VS can't recreate the dll stating that the file is in use.

To release the COM, so far i've tried :
myCom.finalize();
myCom.detach();
myCom = null;