Hi,

Have you tried display method? You can add display method in your
master table (InventTable ?), such as:

// Assume method find() to select Item_Remarks record by itemId exists
display SomeType getFieldFromOtherDS()
{
     return Item_remarks::find(this.itemId).aFieldFromOtherDS;
}

Drag and drop the method to your grid, and set the datasource property
to your master table.

Regards,
Aji Sarosa