Gokhan CAN

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of prasanna
govindan
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:55 AM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Software Cost calculation on P&L
Reports

Hi,

As you have told that you are implementing for a software development
company, the SW cannot developed cannot be treated as assets. As they are a
SW development co. they will be selling the product developed to some other
person. This is just similar to manufacturing of any goods.

This development can be treated as Work- in_progress and can be treated as
current asset.
Fixed Asset can be defined as any material purchased and is not for sale
under regular operations and It is procured mainly for the business' own
use. As the company is a software development company, I understand that
they develop for sale to a customer.

Thanks & regards
Prasanna G.