Thanx for your reply Nigel,

      But Nigel we have about 2000 shades for an item, using BOM
configuration groups will create a huge BOM, assuming one shade has
about 8 components...do you think this optin is still goes, or is
there anything much better...or u think product builder has a sure
solution for this kind of issue!!

Take care

Abdul

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "nigel_cox2003"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, take a look at Configurable BOMS. These are activated by
> the "Configurable" flag on the Item Master. This has nothing to do
> with Product Builder. It would mean reflecting your Color within
the
> Config instead of the Color, but understand that there is no way
> tie a BOM to a parent's size or color.
>
> You CAN tie it to a Config by have one master/superBOM for the
item
> and then dynamically tying BOMlines toConfig via Configuration
> Groups. You MIGHT end up with just one Configuration Group (say,
> Shade).
>
> Your "Cadillac" solution might be to use Product Builder, where
you
> could ask for Shade and mathematically derive a BOM, each time
that
> paint is ordered.
>
> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Fidler"
> <cfidler@> wrote:
> >
> > Use the IBI process manufacturing module.

Manufacturing

> > Hi,
> >
> > We are working on a proeject whose manufacturing is Process based
> > (Paint Industry). The customer has single Item Number for one
> product
> > for example: Royal Acrylic and he has more than 2000 shades for
it,
> > every shade having a differnt BOM. Can anyone one suggest
> > what is the best way to go about this situation for creating a
BOM