From: James Flavell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:10 PM
To: 'Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] What are InventSumDateTable and
InventSumDateTrans used for?

Thanks a lot Mark,

>From what I can make out these are temp tables created at time of running
onhand reports.

One thing is users try to run the on hand reports etc and find it seems very
slow so they terminate there session, this means records that were being
inserted into these tables are left there (when they shuold be deleted if
the report runs to completion).  In our case we had over 6 million records
in InventSumDateTrans!!! Once I deleted these the report (InventDimPhys) ran
faster (but still pretty slow because there is still a lot of trans in the
other tables I guess)

I am not sure why MS decided to make these temp tables which will require
inserts when the report runs
Anyone done any optimizing on this? Or any suggests to make it go fast (it
takes about 10 mins for 1 item and 1 warehouse!!!)

Thanks
James

  _____