Dear Pradeep,

  I tried the steps(but i have skipped the 3rd one)

  but it gives the error as "A quantity other than 1 can not be updated with
serial number SR2 (the one which i created) because serial number control is
activated."

  And it does not allow you to post registration transaction.

  pls help!

  Regards,
  Tushar Joshi

pradeepkanagaraj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Dear Ghosh,

Try these steps:
1. Inventory Management - Link the RAMs item with a dimension group
in which the storage dimension "Serial Number" is active (and /or
made primary stocking).

2.Also select the "Serial Number Control" option in General tab of
storage dimension form against "Serial Number".

3. Attach "RAMs" to an inventory model group with "Registration"
option selected. This step can be skipped if required.

4. While updating Packing Slip, go to PO lines --> Inventory -->
Registration --> Enter 500 or select "Auto Create" --> Create Serial
Numbers.

This should solve your problem. Guys correct me if wrong.

Regards,
Pradeep Kanagaraj
--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "ghoshsubhajit"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I have a problem in handling serial no (inventory dimension) in
AX4. I