Hi, The only way to do it is to make a rework order, in AX there is nothing
called a rework order, but the only workaround will be to make a prod order
of the quantity posted excess, remove the old BOM at production order level
and in the BOM line only put the required quantity of the finished product.

Delete the route lines at the prod order level and insert left over  routing
and post it. That should solve your problem

--
With Regards,
Mr. Vishtaspa Sethna