Hi Dan,
Actually i am not able to properly understand your problem . But may be below
information can help you,

Barcode scanner can be configured using the configuration barcode which is
normally given along with scanner manuals.  by default all the scanner are
configured with enter key means when ever a barcode label is scanned the
scanner automatically suffix a enter key . This can be configured... Like for
example :-  instead of enter key you can suffix it by tab key or any other
keyboard key with the help of the configuration bar code.

for more clarification u can reach me  on [EMAIL PROTECTED]

regards
Aravind
danfine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                             We are trying to
get AX to create a new line and enter the barcode
 from the scanner without having to touch the keyboard or mouse to
 enter another barcode.  This is the Pick List Registration Form. The
 idea is that a warehouse person will pick 20 of the same item for an
 order and needs to record the unique serial numbers. The problem is
 that AX wants us to select the LOT ID manually and we can't figure
 out how to automate that.

 The form being referenced is Forms\InventPickingListRegistrate. There
 are two data sources being used for the grids: one for the header,
 and the other for the line items. What we are trying to do is capture
 when the new line command is run (I believe the bar code scanner
 inserts a value and runs a CTRL-N-like command), and override the
 parent class (super()?) so that we can capture the Lot ID for the
 just-entered line. For the demo, we would like to also copy in the
 previous Item Number and Delivery Date values. This way, we can show
 that items can be scanned without touching a keyboard.

 Any help from an AX expert would be appreciated.

 Dan Fine
 Fine Solutions
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Meet people who discuss and share your passions.  Join them now.