I think I have just answered my own question from the MS Dynamics AX
Online Help - the first time I have had a chance to use it - 100%
success so far - although I had to look in the document about editing
global templates to find it/

" Modify a company accounts template"
Notes;   "User templates cannot be modified."

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "slees32"