The most common cause is missing index. But the following could also result in
performance problems:
(1) Mutilple database access code being executed on the client tier. This can
be corrected by placing the code in a class or static method that is executed
on the server.
(2) Multiple calls to fetch data from a table requiring one or a few fields but
the entire buffer is being fetched. In this case you should use field select.
Do not get in the habit of making mutiple calls to the find method on a table
to fetch different fields for the same record. Use a table buffer to do one
find and use the buffer to fetch all required fields. If the number of fields
in the table is large it will be better to do a field select instead of calling
the find method that returns all fields. The less fields fetch the better the
performance.
(3) A table with a large number of records is placed on the form data source
without a reltionship to another table. In this case all the records will be
loaded when the form is open. Ensure that the table buffer is needed, otherwise
remove it.
Regards,

Varden Morris

276 Taralake Terrace N.E.