To use configurations with an Item,the dimension group attached to
this item must have the configuration enabled. once enabled, you can
create configuration for the items under this Dimension group.
Whenever you use configuration, combination must be
created.Combination is between the item and its related
configuration. Combinations can be create Automatically or manully
where you will select available combinations.

To create a BOM for a certain item, select the Item,then BOM button
and choose lines. BOM form will open.Under the Versions pabel you can
define the BOM and in the beneath Panel you select items that form
the compenants of Main Item.
Another way is Inventory Management-->Bill of materials: in case you
want to create the BOM first then attached it to item(s).
As for the Route, select the Route Botton or Production Module-->Route

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "visti_2001"