Hi,

First of all Sales Invoice is only an outbound document and doesnt support
inbound cases.

And practically as well if you look at the scenarios, people would use sales
invoice only for sending them to their customers. But cant say people have
different usages..

Secondly, You need not actually provide inventDimId. But you need to write
some code for supporting this,

You can look at the method 'prepareForSave' in class AxdCountingJournal for
example.

There in the switch case you can see the code written for AxInventDim.

Regards,
Sumit