Yadhav

You say:

-------------------

"My requirement is such that During the Invoice(which is received during
the next month), the rate of the item might Change.  So how will it
affect the Item rate since the Inventory is already closed for the
month. I have packing slip updated the item for Rs.10 but the Invoice
Rate shows Rs 9.00.  Or there is a provision Ax 4.0 that u can cancel
the latest closing and reclose it."

--------------------

Surprisingly at first perhaps, no, you DON'T need to cancel the closes
and re-close.  Lets talk the simple FIFO rules through as an example:

The Costing policy FIFO (First in First Out) in Dynamics Ax matches
Inventory Receipts and Inventory Issues in chronological fashion through
a process called "Settlements".  A "Close" function is run periodically
to make these settlements permanent.

The Close locks Inventory receipts to specific Inventory issues (usually
Sales Orders), and thereby makes all "locked" order transaction pairs
ineligible for alternative settlement relationships.

HOWEVER .. If you alter a (fully or partially settled) Purchase Order
Price in a CLOSED period, (e.g. through processing a higher-priced
Purchase Order Invoice) - a new close or recalculation WILL still make
adjustments!)

[This has led some to question what is a Close for?  It is still a good
question.  I explain it this way - it permanently sets relationships
between Receipt and Issue Transactions.  This is of particular relevance
when using any of the Weighted Average methods.  If at a close a
Purchase Order receipt spreads its effects to three Sales Order issues -
then future adjustments to the value of the Purchase Order receipt will
be spread to only those three issues.  I.e. the basis of weighted
average spread will not be re-litigated.

I would appreciate any critique of the above.

George