When you set security on one element, you can use the cascade option to
ensure that dependencies also have adequate rights.  Try that. Generally, I
prefer to set security on the menu item which will cascade to the tables,
rather than control security always on the tables.  I only go to tables when
I want to modify security to fields of the table.