Hi Maryann

   thanks for your reply. i think it will solve my problem.

regards.

  KHALIL UR REHMAN

To: axapta-knowledge-vill...@yahoogroups.comfrom: maryann.h...@gmail.comdate:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 04:27:11 -0700Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Field
Size.

The field size is an inherited parameter. So, the only way to do thiswith the
existing inheritance structure is to change the Extended DataType "Name" and
that will then expand all occurrances of the Namefield in the entire
application. Name is used in so many places sothat may not be what you desire.I
suggest that instead you should customize the ConfigTable and itsform to add a
new field which is a long description field of your owndata type 300 characters
in size. Then use that field to hold theextra information for which you require
300 characters - but leave theName field as is and use a unique short name.On