Craig,

I saw your post earlier but did not understand what you meant by
"manage the web deployment" so I did not reply at that time. It was
not clear to me precisely know what you were doing when you saw the
"access denied" message.  When I see the words you used (web
deployment), I think of SSRS report deployment - not EP. I am a techy
- I install EP and AX and do development - so I sometimes interpret
things differently than application-oriented folks.

But since you tried twice and got no reply, I will suggest:
1) check Business Connector proxy account to be sure it has access to
whatever it needs for this deployment - this is the account that EP
uses to gain access to AX data
2) check rights in SharePoint for what you are trying to do. EP is a
SharePoint presentation of AX so you need proper rights in SharePoint
to work with EP.

I hope that this is a somewhat useful response.  If you provide more
specifics, maybe I can think of something else that is helpful.
Mary Ann