Hi, as I understand it, the Mail Merge does not actually create the document
for you.  It creates the data that you can use in Word for the mail merge, and
it makes a notation in CRM that you mailed that particular client.  It will not
send out a custom mail with name and company and address with a template.  You
have to use Word for this.

Dan Fine
Fine Solutions
Microsoft Gold Certified Dynamics AX