Hi,

    The transactions already being settled is not a part of this process,
Only the transactions which are open gets effected with the new price and
the new model. Because after changing the costing method, the system will
settle the inventory only with the open inventory transactions.

Before changing the inventory model group, close the inventory. All of the
existing inventory transactions are at std cost price so no adjustment entry
gets passed. After this change the model group to FIFO. Existing entries are
already there with the std price and new entries will come at new purchase
price. At the time of consumption system will calculate the costing with the
FIFO method.

Regards,
Mukesh

--