Hi,

We have recently deployed an AX2009 enterprise portal for a client who
upgraded from AX version 3 with a portal and they are experiencing
drastically slower page load times. They are using the customer role and
it takes on average 8-10 seconds to open a page like the product
catalogue, quick entry screen or the checkout screen (from an ISDN
internet connection) whereas before in AX3 these same actions took 2-3
seconds. The database and AOS servers do not appear to be overloaded. I
know that the new SharePoint-based pages have a bigger footprint  than
the AX3 pages but I did not expect anything like the performance drop
that has occurred.

The portal they are using is close enough to a standard portal with
virtually no code or setup modifications and it is running a standard
perimeter network with the SharePoint box in a DMZ connecting back
through the firewall to the AOS. The average number of online users at
any time is about 3 but even at night with no other users on the portal
or on the AOS (the AOS is shared between 35 standard AX clients and
portal users) is still takes 5-12 seconds to load pages.

I'm interested to know what sort of page load times other people are
getting in AX2009 portals when connecting through the internet and was
there anything special anyone did to improve the speed?

Regards,

Keith