Hi everyone..more duoble byte woes ;)

Now I have my customer's Ax3.0 up and running with Chinese GUI and Chinese
data but the next problem is that if the user copies and pastes Chinese data
from AX into Excel it is not working

If say the user copies a customer master record that has the customer name
showing in chinese in AX when this is pasted into Excel it seems excel
assumes the characters are Unicode rather than duoble byte and so shows
Unicode characters (garbage characters)

Is there some way to get Excel to assume characters pasted are not always
unicode? Or some 'widget'/middleware that can convert, with little or no
user input during the copy and paste, from double byte to unicode?

Look forward to someone being able to help before the users get their hands
on me ;)

Thanks
James