Hi All,

I m stuck up with Sales Forecasting. My scinario is as follow;

My company is creating Sales Forecast for the following three months. ( i.e.
Sept, Oct, Nov'09)
The forecasted Qty is fixed for that month.

I hv created following Masters:
1) Sales Model
2) Period allocation key ( here, in Lines I have specified 1 month with
Allocation percentage 100%)

I entered the Forecast of respective Items in Inventory Magmt > Periodic >
Forecast > Entry > Items.

( Item A: 200 nos.  Date: 5th Sept2009
  Item A: 400 nos.  Date : 5th Oct2009
  Item A: 150 nos.  Date : 5th Nov2009)

After running the Forecast Scheduling, system has generated Planned Prod &
Purchase orders accordingly.
After running the Master Scheduling also system has generated Planned Prod &
Purchase orders accordingly.

Now if I generate the Sales Order today for the september Month's delivery, the
planned order against Forecast is getting consumed correctly. However, If I
book the Sales Order for the Month of October ( i.e for 15th October) then the
system is not consuming the Forecast & generating another Planned Production
Order apart from the Planned Prod Orders which has been generated against the
forecast.

Here, If I changed the system's date to October's date & run the Master
Planning then the system is consuming the Forecasted order ( Planned Prod Order
).

Can any one help me in understanding that why the system is not consuming the
Sales Forecast ( Planed Orders generated against Forecast) for the month other
than current month?

cheers..

Stuart