on the "invent master" form the one u have created...

1.hope it opens everytime u click new button or ctrl + N... ok...

2. u must be having two buttons on ur form  ok or cancel

3.in class declaration part of the form  declare buffer of invent table
     Inventtable invt;
4.in the init method of the form say
    invt = element.args.caller();
5. on the clicked method (event) of OK button
     say
         invt.itemid = formcontrol.valuestr();  //fromcontrol is the name of
the control which has label itemid or itemname whatever u have named
it..declare auto property of the control to yes

hope it works for u...if any Qstns get back
6.

Thanks & Regards
Pradeep S.Itnal
mob:+91-9886529409