Good afternoon

Can anyone advise if the GLS or Hotfix RU3 install exe files update the SYS
layer?

I read on the web site for SP1 (and also I thought for GLS or RU3 but cannot
seem to find now) that it updates the SYS but not sure if that is just some
incorrect information on the web site..see:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/dynamicsax20
09sp1

Other key highlights in this service pack release include:

*       The SP1 installer updates both the SYS and GLS layers of the
product. This means, for example, that if you already have GLS-TR installed
on your system, SP1 will update this layer during the installation process.

I assumed the above meant SYP or GLP was updated but now I am a little
unsure because I always thought SYS was off limits to everyone and only a
new version made changes but a binary file compare of a SYS aod from the
install DVD compared to after GLS and RU3 being applied shows a different
file size and content.

Can this change in SYS aod be due to a full compile of the AX application?

Would appreciate any help on being sure whether SYS aod file is the same
even though the compare shows a difference

Thanks

James