Create a new Menu Item
Launch Dynamics AX 2009 client
Open the AOT
In the AOT, expand the Menu Items node
right-click on Output and select New Menu Item
You’ll see a new menu item with a default name (called “MenuItem1” in this
example)
Right-click on the new menu item and select Properties
The Properties window for that menu item will appear
Change the Name field to “DemoCustomersReport”
Select the Label field and click the ellipsis button
The Label Editor dialog will launch
(this step assumes you already created a label file)
Select the Setup tab
And pick which label file to use (in this case I already created one called
“ABC”)
Click the New Icon
A new row will appear in the list
In the Label column enter “Demo Customers Report”
Click the Save icon
Click Paste label
The dialog will close and you’ll see the label has now been set in the
properties window
Select the Object Type field
Click the drop-down and select SQLReportLibraryReport
Select the Object field
Click the drop-down and select “DemoReportsLibrary.DemoReportCustomers”
Close the properties dialog
and click the Save icon in the AOT
Collapse the Menu Items node

Now show the menu item in the UI
Expand the Menus node
Expand the AOT > Menus > Invent
Right-click on the Reports node and select New Menu Item
A new menu item will appear in the reports node. It will receive a default name
“Menu Item” in this example
Right-click on it and select Properties
The Properties window will appear
Change the MenuItemType field to Output
Change the MenuItemName field to “DemoCustomersReport”
Close the Properties window
Click the Save Icon to save all the changes in the AOT
And then close the AOT

Try it out
Restart the AX client
Go to the Inventory Management module
The new menu is visible
Click it and the report launches
(in this example, I haven’t configured everything correctly and instead of
showing “Demo Customers Report” it shows �...@abc1” – I’ll correct this in the
post later)
Published Sunday, October 26, 2008 11:37 AM by
  Regards,

Muhammad Rafiq Amer
MIS Administrator
Gulf Mahmal Support Services Co.
P.O.Box  3919, Al-Khobar  31952, KSA
Office: +966 3 893 2254 Ext. 222 Fax: +966 3 889 1001
www.gulfmahmal.com.sa