From: Eddie <edwardjosl...@hotmail.com>
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, March 3, 2010 11:53:06 AM
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Change costing model from WA to Standard

Hi All

We are contemplating changing our costing model from Weighted ave date to
standard costing. We have done several inventory closes already. I'm thinking
of the following procedure:

1. Run inventory close with current model.
2. Do-on-hand adjustment to current item cost.
3. Change model group to standard

Questions I have is:
1. What about all the physical updated transactions, i.e production WIP?
2. Any problems with financial open transactions - here I'm thinking of the
"Weighted ave closing" entries.

My second option is as follows:
1. Issue (write of) all stock as at end of month
2. Do inventory close
3. Change model group
3. Bring back all stock as of 1st of month at current standard

I tend to lean towards my second option. Any insight and guidance is
appreciated.