I have received an error when trying to create a service reference to a
WCF service. I am using the AX VPC as my development platform. There is
another VPC running the WCF service, I can access the wsdl URL via IE on
the AX VPC and I can also run a test application that connects to the
WCF service from the AX VPC just fine.
Here are the details for my test:WSDL URL:
http://vm2:8006/TestAPI?wsdlNameSpace: Test2Reference Name: Test2
When I try to register the service reference in the AOT, I get the
following in an infolog:
    * Starting generation of Web Reference.
    * Generated source file APIClient.cs.
    * Generated configuration file app.config.
    * ClrObject static method invocation error.
    *
    *

    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(46,25) : error
CS0269: Use of unassigned out parameter 'names'
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(45,13) : error
CS0177: The out parameter 'names' must be assigned to before control
leaves the current method
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(56,25) : error
CS0269: Use of unassigned out parameter 'firstNewKey'
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(51,13) : error
CS0177: The out parameter 'firstNewKey' must be assigned to before
control leaves the current method
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(89,25) : error
CS0269: Use of unassigned out parameter 'alerts'
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(87,13) : error
CS0177: The out parameter 'alerts' must be assigned to before control
leaves the current method
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(108,25) : error
CS0269: Use of unassigned out parameter 'datasetcontainer'
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(104,13) : error
CS0177: The out parameter 'datasetcontainer' must be assigned to before
control leaves the current method
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(118,25) : error
CS0269: Use of unassigned out parameter 'datasetcontainer'
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(113,13) : error
CS0177: The out parameter 'datasetcontainer' must be assigned to before
control leaves the current method
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(126,25) : error
CS0269: Use of unassigned out parameter 'results'
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(123,13) : error
CS0177: The out parameter 'results' must be assigned to before control
leaves the current method
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(134,25) : error
CS0269: Use of unassigned out parameter 'results'
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(131,13) : error
CS0177: The out parameter 'results' must be assigned to before control
leaves the current method
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(142,25) : error
CS0269: Use of unassigned out parameter 'results'
    * c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\DynamicsAxSvcReferences\Test2\APIClient.cs(139,13) : error
CS0177: The out parameter 'results' must be assigned to before control
leaves the current method
    *

I have set up a reference to LiveSearch... so I know AX can do it OK for
this environment. I have a test application that connects to the service
from my AX box OK...
Any ideas what the cause and resolution to this issue might be?
Thanks,Mike