Hi,

if the other system already exists and das the same version (inkluding same
service pack and maybe same dis layer) and you only have to update this then it
should be enough to copy the .aod file you develop in (maybe car/vap, cus/cup,
usr/usp). You don't need to copy axsys.aod (sys layer) or axsyp.aod (syp layer)
in this case. But you should delete the .aoi File (Axapta Object Cache). Axapta
will create a new .aoi file.

For the labels it's enough to copy the .ald file you want to update. You should
delete the .ali (Axapta Label Index) and .alc (Axapta Label Cache). Axapta will
create new .ali and new .ald files by the new .ald files. When copy the .ald
file from your development system you should ensure that all AOS are stopped.
In Axapta version3 you should also ensure that all 2-tiered sessions, all fat
clients and all COM-client sessions are closed because otherwise it's possible
that the latest new labels are not written back to the label file.

After you have copied your files to your other system you should synchronize
the database.

Good luck
Thomas

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "dantinada"