Hi James,

I do not think that SQL aggregate functions work for temp tables. I read that
it
does not work for set base operations (insert, update and delete). Set base
operations are always down graded for all temp tables. This is because temp
tables use the windows file system unlike SQL database requests that are passed
to a server service that process the request and send back the result. The file
system is a direct call to the data on disk without a middle tier service to
enhance the performance.

Regards,

Varden Morris
Varalth Solutions Inc.
693 Abbottsfield Road NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5W 4R4
Canada
(780) 752-0406
(780) 716-8604 (c)
www.varalth.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any attachments are confidential.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please be advised that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken in reliance upon this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please contact
the sender immediately. Please note that any views or opinions presented in
this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the company.  Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments
for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage