HomogeneousAggregate [label="Homogeneous\nAggregate"];

but when I write the \n inside the LaTeX file, LaTeX insists
on interpreting this as an undefined command \nAggregate and
gives a LaTeX error instead of just writing it to the '*.dot'
file the way the GraphViz macro says it should. If anyone
know how to get LaTeX to write a string containing \n to a
file, please let me know. Right now I am stuck.

That would depend on how GraphViz sets up the commands to write to the file. (I guess there is a graphviz.sty, right?) Could you provide the LaTeX related stuff that writes the .dot file.

Ralf