Le jeudi 19 octobre 2006 à 14:17 +0200, Martin Rubey a écrit :
> unfortunately, I still can't get it to run:
>
> /users/rubey/axiom/mnt/linux/bin/AXIOMsys: error while loading shared
> libraries: libreadline.so.4: cannot open shared object  No such file or
> directory
>
> On my system libreadline.so is there, however. (without .4)

This is strange... A temporary workaround is to create a symlink to
libreadline.so named libreadline.so.4 in a directory and define
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include this directory, for example in bash:
'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/a/directory/where/I/have/write/privilege'
Apparently LD_LIBRARY_PATH is used in addition to the existing lib paths
but may be the correct way is to add all existing lib paths to this
variable.

Greg