> Certainly there are since there are some people using Aldor now and
> none of these would qualify as commercial as fas as I know.
>
> Can you suggest a credible commercial use? Do you know of any
> commercial use of Axiom? I dont think this is really the issue. The
> problem as I see it is lack of compatibility with GPL.  According to
> Stephen this is deliiberate on the part of NAG. Apparently they object
> to the "viral" natue of GPL.

The main problem is, that the new license is not open source according
to the OSI definition (http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php),
the very first sentence
"The license shall not restrict any party from selling or giving away
the software as a component of an aggregate software distribution...."

So it cannot go to the Debian main distribution, and that of course is
a major problem, at least for me. There are many open source licenses
incompatible with GPL, for example the old BSD license, so Aldor could
use that one.

Ondrej