As some of you may know, this semester I am using Axiom in a cryptography
subject.  I have asked my students to comment briefly on what they
like/dislike about it.  Some like it, and find it "intuitive", while others
dislike it.  One comment in particular was:

"The lack of Windows like interface make this package look and feel
second rate.
The need to use )command is annoying in that the command line is
already parsed to handle the maths, the lack of command parsing shows
a lack of interest in an interface."

This student also complained about the lack of a native Mac version.

Just thought you'd like to know.

cheers,
Alasdair