On 12/13/2014 02:37 PM, d...@axiom-developer.org wrote:
Odd. What platform are you on? --Tim
Attached is the result of "hardinfo" (edited for privacy against hackers) and one run. I examined the system log and found no errors in the correct time frame 14:55--
It you like I can run strace against it.
Incidentally I think everything else is running okay. This is an official OS download.
I also have the sources
axiom-aug2014-src.tgz
or
 axiom-pre7-aug2014-src.tgz
I could compile them if needed.

Let me know; I think this could be made into a convenience with a selection menu in front.

Ray

Summary
Computer
Processor       2x AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Memory  12285MB (2079MB used)
Operating System        Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
User Name       rrogers (Raymond Rogers)
Date/Time       Sat 13 Dec 2014 02:50:59 PM EST

Operating System
Version
Kernel  Linux 3.13.0-43-generic (x86_64)
Compiled        #72-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 8 19:35:06 UTC 2014
C Library       Unknown
Default C Compiler      GNU C Compiler version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1)
Distribution    Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Reiterating session
rrogers@raymond-desktop-Ubuntu:~$ axiom
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                          Version: Axiom (May 2012)
                Timestamp: Tuesday July 30, 2013 at 10:00:45
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.
   Visit http://axiom-developer.org for more information

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase

rrogers@raymond-desktop-Ubuntu:~$ axiom
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                          Version: Axiom (May 2012)
                Timestamp: Tuesday July 30, 2013 at 10:00:45
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.
   Visit http://axiom-developer.org for more information

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase

(1) ->
(1) -> a:=34
(1) ->
   (1)  34
                                                        Type: PositiveInteger
(2) -> a
(2) ->
   (2)  34
                                                        Type: PositiveInteger

(3) -> )savesystem foo
(3) ->

rrogers@raymond-desktop-Ubuntu:~$
rrogers@raymond-desktop-Ubuntu:~$ ls -l ./foo
-rwxrwxr-x 1 rrogers rrogers 30296240 Dec 13 14:58 ./foo
## That is the correct time --Ray

rrogers@raymond-desktop-Ubuntu:~$ ./foo
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                          Version: Axiom (May 2012)
                Timestamp: Tuesday July 30, 2013 at 10:00:45
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.
   Visit http://axiom-developer.org for more information

(1) -> a

   (1)  a
                                                            Type: Variable(a)